08 Jul Five reasons to visit Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was created in tribute to Ferrari’s passion, heritage, excellence, innovation, and performance. The theme park is frequented by F1 superstars like Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso. Spanning an area of 86,000 m², each area and attraction in the Park brings to life a different part of the Ferrari story, from Cinema Maranello with its film about Enzo Ferrari, to Formula Rossa capturing the speed, power, and freedom of a F1™ car. No matter your age, you will surely find something suited to your preferences among the park’s 20 unique attractions.
1. Experience the world’s fastest rollercoaster
The ride starts with a hydraulic launch that utilises the same speed used to send planes into the sky from aircraft carriers. An amazing speed of 240 km/h is reached on the ride’s 2.2 km-long track. Buckle up, put on your safety goggles, and enjoy the adrenaline rush.
2. Let your kids experience the thrill of driving a Ferrari
Children can take part in the Junior Auto School and learn more about driving regulations, traffic signs, and proper road behaviour. Following a short educational film, the young GT drivers will receive instruction from trained experts, after which they will get to take the wheel of their own Ferrari, a fun-sized 430 GT Spider, and practice what they have learned on an improvised track.
3. Enter the world of the Ferrari legend
A virtual journey takes you through the history of Ferrari and tells the story of how the 12-cylinder racing wonder is made. Take a photo with your favourite Ferrari in the exhibition gallery, or buy a unique souvenir at the Ferrari brand store.
4. Prepare yourself for a unique 4D virtual experience
Take the whole family on a virtual journey in one of the world’s most sophisticated 4D simulators. Fly along hillsides and venture deep below the surface of the ocean in your search for Nello, a mischievous little driver. Feel the heat of the jungle, or the cold of the ice caves as the temperature shifts, lights change, and moisture fills the air as Nello’s adventure brings all your senses to life in a way only Ferrari can.
5. Discover the F1 Champion within you
Take on the Scuderia Challenge simulator and experience a sense of realism not available in any video game. Test the limits of your abilities behind the wheel of an F1 car and race against the lap record.
Fun Facts about Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Formula Rossa, the world’s fastest roller coaster, has the same G-force one would feel when driving in an F1 car and braking at maximum speed.
- The G-Force ride will catapult you 62 metres in the air – it is the tallest construction on Yas Island.
- If Ferrari World Abu Dhabi was turned upright, it would be the tallest man made structure in the world.
- The theme park is frequented by F1 superstars like Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.
How to get to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
The theme park can be reached by car from Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah, as well as by free shuttle service which is available all over Yas Island.